October 23-24, 2018
Payments Summit (2 Days)
SFE would like to take you on a journey to the top of the Payments Summit. We’ve put together six educational sessions to prepare you for the myriad of changes that will directly impact you and your organization.
- Faster Payments – From Vision to Reality: A number of new and innovative faster payment solutions have come to market in the United States and others may be emerging soon. The goal of the Federal Reserve’s proposed U.S. Faster Payments Council is a ubiquitous, world-class system in 2020 where Americans can safely and securely pay anyone, anywhere, at any time with immediate funds availability. This session will provide an update on the various types of faster payment channels and ways your organization can take advantage to help meet the demands of your clients to move money and payments as swiftly as possible.
- Fraud in the Payments Arena: Fraudsters seek the path of least resistance and the highest returns on their investments. What are the trends and the latest tools used to combat fraud? This session will give you the information needed to better manage risk at your financial institution.
- The Ins and Outs of Payment Channels: Various payment channels have been around for many years and new ones are emerging. This session will provide a review of Cards, Checks, Wires, ACH, and RTP. Discussion of risk and compliance for these payment networks will be included in this session.
- Reg E – How to Comply: The 40th anniversary of Regulation E is this year! Even though the Electronic Funds Transfer Act has been in place many years, it is important for Financial Institutions to maintain compliance. This session will provide a review of the seasoned regulation and provide ways to ensure compliance is in place.
- Industry Case Studies: Benjamin Franklin once quoted: “Tell me and I forget, Teach me and I remember, Involve me and I learn.” This session will focus on industry situations and/or problems that may have occurred and allow you the opportunity to be involved in becoming a problem solver. Breakout groups will work various cases with a final group discussion. Bring issues that are affecting your organization!
- Industry Update – The Past, Present and Future: Changes in various rules and regulations occurred in 2018. ACH Rules, Regulation CC and FinCEN changes are just a few revisions that have affected financial institutions. Many proposed changes are in the discussion stages. This session will review the past year’s changes and provide detail on the forecast for what we see coming around the bend.
The Payments Summit is held over a day and a half, designed to guide you through concentrated and comprehensive payment topics. Bring back to your institution higher understanding of Faster Payments, fraud, real-life solutions to issues impacting your profitability and prepare for the future!
1:00 pm - 4:30 pm (Day 1)
8:00 am - 3:30 pm (Day 2) (includes Lunch)
Country Inn & Suites Wolfchase-Memphis
2270 North Germantown Parkway
Cordova, TN 38016
AAP Credits - 10
What others are saying:
|“Information was very helpful in clarifying issues that I’ve heard about but never actually had to deal with in my position.”||“There was much information that I could take back and use at our institution. Very helpful in every aspect of the ACH world.”||“Really enjoyed the stories that gave real-life examples, very practical.”|
Registration Fees: The fee includes instruction, instructional materials, breakfast on day two, and lunch on day two.
Member: $250 per person
Non-members: $500 per person